Monday, September 18, 2006

Relationships...

I heard this on the radio today and a while ago. I remember writing it down back then as well....

"In friendship and marriage it is not about finding the right person it is about being the right person"

I don't know about you but it makes me think. I know there are so many things I could have done better in our marriage and our home and yet I still do not think it would have been enough.

If you both are not striving to be the right person. If you both don't have your goals in focus (not saying the have to be the same but your primary goal should be to put the Lord first). If you both don't want to achieve the same goals in life and within your marriage. Does one person being the right person matter then?

I know it maters in the end but does it change the person you are with?

He says he has been trying to make our marriage work for 8 years. How has he been trying? I really have been trying to "see" our relationship from his point of view. I have been trying to place myself in his shoes but I am not doing very well because I see the changes I have made whereas he does not.

I know I have made mistakes before. I know I make mistakes now. Yet there are just things I can't live with. Should I be expected to live like this forever?

I want my marriage to work but right now I am beginning to think my expectations are way to high. Do I settle for what he is willing to give me or do I only settle for what I know we should have?

So again does it matters if only one is the right person?

"In friendship and marriage it is not about finding the right person it is about being the right person"

No comments: