Saturday, September 23, 2006

Internal Calm

Today I have had a strange sense of calm over me. A few things have added to this...

I started to read a book last night. When Your Marriage Dies: Answers to questions about separation and divorce by: Laura Petherbridge.

It helped me realize that I am going to go through the stages of grief. Even if my marriage isn't over; I am going through a big thing in my life and it is okay to grieve. I won't get through all the stages at once and I will go back to stages even when I thought I was done with one stage. I am okay with this. I can accept this. It helps to know I am not the only one.

Today while driving it dawned on me that I am not going to settle in my marriage. I am not going to just settle for what Todd wants marriage to be and I am not going to just settle for what I thought marriage should be. I am only going to settle for what God expects our marriage to be.

Right now I am okay and at peace with what else we are going to go through.

No comments: