Thursday, September 6, 2007

Life and Death...

Last week my girlfriend lost her mom. She was a very young woman. She was beautiful. She was my friends best friend.

I do not have that relationship with my mom. A lot of girls/women have a great relationship with their mom. Share the ups and downs of life. Shop together or ask each others opinions. I never had that with my mom.

I am pregnant right now with a little girl. I think about the relationships I know when it comes to mother/daughter and I want mine to be one like I didn't have.

I know I did add to what was not but the funny thing is my sister doesn't have it with my mom either. So was it all my sister and me who caused the lack of relationship or did it have to do with my mom as well?

I am going to strive to have a good relationship with my daughter. I know I can be a good mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First I want to say thank you for stopping by and saying hello. I hope the information is helpful to your friend. Secondly...I understand the 'not having a relationship'with your mom. The mother/daughter tie is a tricky thing. I had my daughter when I was 40 years old, I pray every day that I am developing those 'ties that bind' but in a healthy way so that when she is older we can be 'friends'. I haven't spoken with my mom in years.

One Scrappy Gal said...

If it makes you feel better.. my mom didn't have a mother growing up. She abandoned her. She dealt with, and still does, with abandonment issues, rejection, feeling unworthy, etc. But she was a terrific mom growing up, a little smothering but I'd take that over complete neglect. Not having a mother made her want to be the best there was... so fear not. There's still a chance for you to break the cycle with your own little girl. Good luck.