Saturday, September 8, 2007

Whose Right Is It?

A friend of mine whose husband was similar to mine in many ways posted something the other day that got me thinking...


Do you know how nice it is to be able to go to the store and buy some ice cream - any flavor - any brand - and not be in trouble when you get home? Do you know how nice it is to be able to go to the store and buy any brand of anything - and not be in trouble when you get home?


When living with Todd there were certain brands of things I had to buy. Mind you I was responsible for praying for the groceries. Of course off brands were not allowed; actually for the most part it was always the most expensive brand I had to buy.


How is it possible that I was the one who was spending my money on groceries and he was the one telling me what I could or could not spend it on? Yet it continued through our whole relationship.

That is how all the money issues were. Anything I was responsible for - he made sure I paid for but it had to be what he wanted.

It is nice not to feel as if I am under that thumb anymore.

No comments: