Monday, September 17, 2007

Holidays - Already?!

It is only the middle of September and I am already getting stressed out over the holidays. Oh how I love them!

I struggle with the time from Halloween to the beginning of the New Year. I have always been a people pleaser. I want everyone to be happy; which ultimately leads to me being unhappy.

I want to get my shopping done prior to Isabella showing up. I was thinking I had more time - until I looked at a calendar today! I don't have as much time as I was thinking.

I think I would like to be a bear. They are hibernating by this time of year and don't have to deal with anything. I really think I would like to be a bear!

The most stressful things for me comes to this:

1. I have to talk with my family about what they would like to do for Christmas this year because I am not going to have Adam on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year. I would like to think they will be understanding but am sure I am going to hear nothing but negative crap (as is the custom from my parents).

2. I have to talk with Todd about what/when he would like Adam other than for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I am thinking though that because I won't talk to him about the house directly; he is going to put off talking to me.

3. I have to have my first Christmas ever without Adam.

4. I have to allow Isabella to go with Jack for a while. Not really that big of a deal but I am a protective mom and not knowing his family - oh this is just stress. It will be fine I am sure but - I am attempting to just not think about it now.

I can get through this year of holidays. I will once again be that people pleasing person while stressing myself out. I wish that wasn't who I am and I could change it but each time I do; it is blamed on my bipolar and well that is a totally different rant...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although I don't have the added stressors that you have, I used to freak out from about October through to the New Year. I love the holidays...the decorating, the cooler weather...but holidays always include...(music from Jaws inserted her)....the families. Ugh. Now I just take a Xanex every day until New Year's Eve (grin).