Monday, September 10, 2007

Patience at Low...

My oldest has a huge attitude problem with anyone who tries to show authority towards him. He blames me for his attitude when he is around me and then whomever he is with - it is their fault.

At 14 you would think he would have some concept of taking responsibility for how you react towards people but he does not.

I know he has emotional issues but I am beyond tired of dealing with it. It is no longer a daily battle - except during the school year.

There are also some issues - like he is being charged with some things from last year during the school year. They have finally gotten around to that. Do not know what it will mean for him but considering it is not the first offense - I am going to guess it will be a bit more server than even he thinks it will be.

Then there is the now current issue. He is going to have to speak to his therapist on Wednesday about it and I am calling the school to discuss two other people who I am aware of that something probably happened.

Oh and these two other children think I am the meanest mom in the world. Of course that is what the 3 of the talk about during school. How mean I was when living with Todd and Kyle's anger just increases ten fold. I can tell when he has time with these two people because of his attitude when he comes in the door after school. To be honest - I would rather have Kyle in a different school just so he isn't around these two boys!

I have said sorry to Kyle many times about how he was treated while we lived with Todd and yet he always brings it up. I wish I could take that time back but I can't. All I can do is be a different mom now and a different person. It is all I have. I am doing my best but you know there are days where I just can't deal with his attitude.

I wish it was just against me but it isn't. It is against any authority figure...

No comments: