Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Holidays, Children and Ex's

I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving day this year. I would have both my boys and I was excited to be able to cherish that time with them. I won't have Adam on Christmas Eve or Day this year and that really saddens me. It will be the first time ever I have not have both of my children on a Holiday.

Well that isn't totally true I didn't have Adam last Easter, Mothers Day or Thanksgiving but I got through them because I kind of pretended the days didn't exist. I don't think it will be that easy with Christmas though.

Well now lets get back to Thanksgiving. Adam and I are talking about this upcoming weekend. He lets me know that Todd will be picking him up early Friday morning. I told him no I am not giving up my time with you just because it is a holiday weekend Adam. He started to huff and puff and I said plus your dad has not called to discuss this with me and he needs to if he feels he is picking you up at a much earlier time.

It went into him telling me you have me all week long and dad doesn't get any time with me - when you do have me all you do is make dinner, make me clean and do homework and never spend time with me or you are on the phone and we never do anything - oh and he doesn't want to live with me anymore because we never have money.

Talk about a heartbreaking morning. Knowing your child doesn't want to be with you.

He walked out of the house without even saying good-bye to me.

So now what? What do I do?

2 comments:

samurai said...

That has got to just hurt... :(

Praying for you ....

One Scrappy Gal said...

This is terrible!!

Adam will learn someday that love and support and family are more important than material things. Probably not until he's an adult... but still.

What a crappy morning. :(