Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Computers Suck...


Well as some of you know my computer crashed in June.

When it crashed I took it into Best Buy which is where I bought it from. Not a big deal until they come out and say, "Where is your recovery disk? We can't put anything on your computer without your recovery disk."

Okay now mind you - I am not the smartest computer person in the world BUT I do know some things about computers. I know you need a recovery disk. The problem came when it dawned on me I didn't set my computer up. Never saw anything come up telling me to create a recovery disk - so I never did it. When I asked the person who set my computer up if they created a recovery disk and I was told no - my heart sank.


I had my girlfriend get on HP's website and she tried to enter the information in for me to order a recovery disk. It would not go through. So I called HP then. Well according to them I had a hot computer. The place I bought to computer from never sent verification that this computer had been sold. After going round and round between Best Buy and HP - they finally (HP) were going to send out a disk in August. YEAH for me...

Then I got the disk and it was not the right disk. So I call them back. They have me send it back and then when they get it they will send out a new one. We went through this process 3 times and now we end up here today.


I make a phone call to find out the latest progress on this whole pain in my bottom situation. For the lady to be a bigger pain in my butt.
I am sorry mama but it has been over a year we can't just send you a disk in the mail - you need to be paying for these disks now.

I just started to laugh and got the response of, I am allowed to hang the phone up on you for being inappropriate.

That just made me laugh even harder. I said Lady I have been working on this since June the computer at that point was NOT over a year old.

Then she proceeds to let me know that she can't send a CD recovery disk out to me because there is already a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2006 sticker with a code on the bottom of my computer. What the sam hell are you talking about women?

So once again - I sit and wait - for another manager to call me and for me to start from the beginning again!

Some days computers suck!

2 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm one of those people that has horrible luck with anything technological. If I had a super power... it would be that I destroyed computers with a flick of a mouse!!

samurai said...

Man that's a bummer...

praying for you and the healing of your computer. :)