Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cupcakes Anyone....


My boys are two very different children. I mean all children have their own personalities and all but these two boys are very different in a lot of ways.

They are also similar in some ways. Of course those things come from me (since they have different dads).

Both of them are very caring about others. My youngest son is very much like me when it comes to the caring about others. He is a true mother hen. I do not know if this is something that one learns from watching others because I don't recall seeing it growing up but I was one growing up. Now with Adam I can see he watched me but I do believe it is just something that is in you.

My Adam has taken to watching after a little girl who is in kindergarten. She does not live in the same building that we do but she does live in this complex. So they ride the same bus together. There have been times when her mom was not home and Adam has stayed outside with her until her mom gets home and she can get into her apartment.

This mom has taken to making Adam cupcakes when he does things like this. It isn't an all the time thing but she lets him know how much she appreciates his caring nature. He never expected anything in return but it was nice to get treated to something (I never make) for doing good.

He has done it many times and she has given him cupcakes a couple of times. He has told her he does not need them but she asks him to take them anyway. I think it is nice of her to do that but it is not needed.

He just has such a big heart. He wants to do right all the time...

Maybe I am doing something right with them...

No comments: