Friday, November 9, 2007

Gestational Diabetes and Blood Thinners


One finger prick and a mess later!
I must have hit a blood vessel directly today. I have to prick my finger one hour after I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I did and it was bleeding pretty good so I got a paper towel. Have no idea why I grabbed that because normally one square of toilet paper is more than enough to stop it. Yet today I went for the paper towel (good thing).

Well it just kept on bleeding. I finally got it to stop and I bumped it and it sprayed. Yet my finger was praying like you see in the movies.

I made a mess but cleaned it up prior to taking this picture. Why did I take a picture of the blood - because I am nuts.

So that is what I lost from a finger poke everyone. It isn't even all of it because I cleaned up the spray with a different towel.

Moral of all this - if you are going to be diabetic - stay away from blood thinners. No blood clots allowed!

No comments: