Friday, August 31, 2007

Letter to Lawyer...

This is the letter I sent to my lawyer yesterday... The whole conversation between Todd and I is not in this letter but it gives an idea to what I am dealing with...

Ken,

Not sure if this is something that
will be resolved or not but Todd continued to use my blockbuster card. Attached to the card is my debit card so that I could rent video games for the boys. Todd did not return a couple of movies and they charged my card and
that incurred an overdraft fee ($32.00) as well as the $15.98 charge as well.

I called to ask him if he was still using the card and he
said yes he was and he was sorry - he would make sure they put the charge back on my card and he would pay in cash to get it taken care of. I asked about the overdraft fee and his response was (not verbatim) it isn't my fault you put your debit card on that account and I am not paying the $32.00. You are responsible for whatever fees are incurred on your card - not me. Tack it on the the bill I owe you. You should not let your account run that low anyway - it isn't my problem. Maybe you can take care of it the next time I pay child support.

My bank account is negative. He is not planning on paying anything Ken. I have gotten 3 child support checks. I have gotten zero in rent payments. I doubt I will see anything from the house because of the money he plans on paying his parents for the loan (which they will give back to him).

Just wanted to make you aware of where things stand.
Amy


One of my favorite things that I didn't put in the letter was, "You'll get paid when I get paid and since I am not getting paid neither are you." What in the heck - I mean Adam isn't a job - he is a child and he needs things! Asshole...

No comments: