Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Verses that Spoke to Me...

This Sunday at church a few verses were used. They meant a lot to me. Amazing what a Sunday can do for you (or any day for that matter at church).
This was one of them:
Isaiah 38:15-17
15 But what can I say?
He has spoken to me, and he himself has done this.
I will walk humbly all my years
because of this anguish of my soul.16 Lord, by such things men live;
and my spirit finds life in them too.
You restored me to health
and let me live.17 Surely it was for my benefit
that I suffered such anguish.
In your love you kept me
from the pit of destruction;
you have put all my sins
behind your back.

Another one was:

Isaiah 54:10
10 Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

The last one was:

Romans 8:38
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,

No comments: