Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It Was The Day Before Halloween....

and one of my best friends had no Halloween costumes for her 3 (of 4) children. So I scurried around trying to find things for the little buggers...

Financially for most I know it has been rough; including myself of course. Yet I am a sucker when it comes to children.

It isn't their fault their parents are not maintaining jobs. They still have a right to the things they had in the past. The husband was cut down to part time work in September. He knew about it in the beginning of August. He still doesn't have a second job or full time job to make up for what was lost. He isn't even looking. Of course I probably should just let them deal with it on their own but being the person I am - I could not do that...

Adam was Anakin Skywalker last year. The costume was the one when he flew in that race. Of course it will be huge on Joshua but at least it is a costume for him. So I spent some time and found the mask and costume itself.

When they came out here to pick it up he seemed to be pretty happy with it. He put the mask on and just laughed about it. He is such a funny child at times. I am hoping he enjoys it...

April whom is their middle child gets a hand me down costume. Last year her sister was Snow White. So this year she gets to be Snow White. So I didn't have to try and come up with a costume for her.

Okay so I know the reality is I didn't have to come up with anything for any of them but I felt bad and wanted to help. It is just who I am.

I could have nothing for myself and be in such need on my own (like I am) and yet I will do what I have to do for others who are in need as well.

Taylor is their oldest child. She really as the rest of them had no choice in what she was going to be. I went to a service center where I get to "shop" twice a month and used one of my shops.

They had a white dress with a white knit shawl that I pieced together.

So she gets to be a bride this year. Might not be what she wanted but it was what I could find. She will just have to be happy with it.

At the same time of being there for one of my shops though I did find somethings that we can use to make some Christmas presents out of.

They had a couple of pie tins up there. Has anyone ever put an image on a pie pan and than taken a hammer and nail and pounded it out? They take a bit of time but they turn out pretty neat. So I am going to spend some time looking around online to see if we can find something cool to make for my parents or whomever the boys decide to do it for. I got two pie tins so they each get one.

Oh and my boys for Halloween are going to be a Ninja and Napoleon Dynamite.

Can you figure out who is who?

All we are doing is recycling whatever we have around... I sure do miss my things - the things I used to have at the house that could just throw things together. I could whip up a costume in no time with all of the things I had there.

I am not into possessions but some times I really miss some of those types of things. LOL

Boy there is nothing like a child being happy with what is in front of them! Makes you day you know... Just knowing you helped them out and made them smile.

Somehow no matter how horrible your day is - when the children smile and laugh - all worries seem to go away...

1 comment:

samurai said...

I'm liking the new look! :)

DS1 is no longer doing "Halloween" - but he's offered to walk with me as we take DS2 and DD3 around...