Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday

Well here it is Saturday. It has been an okay day. We got up and I made breakfast. We got our laundry in and going. We swept and mopped all the stairs (that was a really big job). Two sets of stairs - three floors up and down to the basement. I should have sweat off at least 10 pounds - okay maybe a whole pound.

We went to the store to guy a piece of cake for Christa for her birthday. It is the first person I met here. Plus she was supposed to spend today with her mom but she ended up needing to work. The boys and I also made her some birthday cards.

I figured out today we are about 8 blocks from the library. Not to bad. I am going to grab my tennis shoes from Lisa's so we can walk there next week.

Talked to Rachel (another Christian women here) today and she let me know that the state helps pay for an apartment. I mean they help pay to get you into an apartment. They will pay most of the fist months rent and deposit. That is nice to know because it means (hopefully) the money I have I can use for beds and household items.

I am ready to be in our apartment. I know it will be a while but I am ready. God willing it will be less than the 30 days we are allowed to be here.

Adam let me know last night he is gonna sleep with me until we go home because he does not want me to be lonely. I love my children.

Lord thank you for this shelter. It has been a blessing to the boys and myself. Thank you for the beautiful weather we have had. It has allowed us time to be outside to play. Lord be with Todd. Help him see how much we need him to be willing to get help and how much we love him. Protect him from harm that the enemy will try to inflict. In Your name - Amen.

No comments: