Thursday, May 15, 2008

Babies...

My oldest baby is 15. He is just like me; which is scary. At times I think he is worse than me. He has gone through so much, had a rough life and there is nothing anyone can do for him. He is a great kid who struggles with normal things. It does not matter how much anyone tries to help him - this is who he is - this is who he is choosing to be. Not only does he has these issues he is dealing with - he has the normal teen hormonal changes he is dealing with. At times I think he must feel like the world is out to get him; I know I did...

My middle baby is 9. He is like me in many ways but different at the same time. He has the caring and worrying about him like I do. I am sad though because I see him becoming more like his father every day. The narcissistic tendencies are coming out more and more and it is really sad. He has to have done whatever you have done or read about it. He must know more than you. It is like something compels him to be like this. I know where it comes from but how do you get that need, that urgency, that want to go away? It isn't healthy for him and it worries me to see him doing this. Who wants a known it all as a friend? You are never right, you can never be right, you can't carry on a conversation without an argument - it isn't any fun!

My youngest baby is 5 months old. Where did the time go for this little one? She is my light right now. At this point - I am what she needs. She needs me to survive still. I love the smile she gets when she sees me - even at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 AM. She is one of the lights in my day right now. I have some concerns with her but they are being addressed so what more could I ask for.

Then there is my fur baby. She is 4 months 3 weeks 5 days. She is a holy terror at times but overall she is the best dog! You can sit there with your face in her bowl while she is eating, take a bone out of her mouth while she is chewing it and she just licks you! I am very grateful (even though I want to pull my hair out when she is really acting like a puppy) we got her! Amazing temperament!

There are so many things I wish I had done differently with my babies but if I had - I wouldn't be the person I am today... Sometimes that can be a good thing and sometimes a bad thing...

Does it make me crazy to want more? LOL

1 comment:

samurai said...

As best you can... enjoy these times... even the dog. ;)