Monday, December 10, 2007

Musical Monday...

So a friend of mine started this today. He has talked to me about it a while ago but there was no set time he was going to start. I have decided to "join" him in Musical Monday's. I enjoy music dearly and both of our blogs will probably go in very different directions; but the concept came from him!

My life has been a whirlwind for the last 15 months; going on 16 months actually. Jack came into my life in January of this year and well - the trust is a hard thing for me.

I have been waiting for the fall to come. I have been waiting for the dishonesty. I have been waiting for the screw ups.

Although all along he has been patient and waiting and telling me it is okay. Then I was driving one day on a particularly bad day and this song came on the radio:

FALL
written by: clay mills/sonny lemaire/shane minor
sung by: Clay Walker

Hold up there you go again
Puttin' on that smile again
Even though I know you've had a bad day
Doin' this and doin' that
Always puttin' yourself last
A whole lotta give and not enough take
But you can only be strong so long before you break

So fall go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you every time you fall
Go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear, every worry, every tear
I'm right here
Baby fall

Forget about the world tonight
All that's wrong and all that's right
Lay your head on my shoulder, let it fade away
And if you wanna let go baby it's okay

Fall go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you every time you fall

Go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear, every worry, every tear
I'm right here
Baby fall

Hold on hold on hold on to me...
Fall go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you every time you fall

Go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear, every worry, every tear
I'm right here
Baby fall

Now as I was in my car driving and this song, these words came about - I started to think about Jack. He might not be using these exact words but this is what he has been saying to me.

It was like this light bulb went off in my head... He is a safe person. I can't build trust if I don't give them a chance. I have been so hurt by my past that I was not giving him a chance.

This song helped me open up. This song helped me give Jack a chance. This song helped me see it is okay to trust...

1 comment:

samurai said...

It is amazing how music can do thing slike "turn a light bulb"...

Praying for you, Jack, your boys, and your so to be new arrival!

May God's peace be on all of you during this time...